what can you do with Sync ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atmasters

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering if you can control your heating and air conditioning with Sync. and what else can you control with your voice besides music ? I live in Canada so I know I dont get all the options I would get in the US.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idk...but i have a troop that is ALL OVER SYNC...and knows everything...he just told me theres 4 versions of it so he'll give me the info in a few and i'll update

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the Expeditions ???? Not much. Basically just music, phone and navigation ( if you have nav ) No HVAC stuff.

The ones in other Ford products like F150's, Escapes, Edge etc... can control HVAC in addition to the other stuff.

Matt

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expeditions are like decade behind in technology compared to Edge Escape etc. forgot sake 2013 looks like 2007 lol

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a zune (yes I still have a zune and love it) you can control everything from with your voice....playlists, podcasts, music etc.

WE can also answer our phones through our sync and its hands-free

It's pretty dang cool!

Last edited:

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. I agree with the others. Sync in the Expedition is at least one generation behind the other Ford products. Just controls Audio, phone, and Nav (if included). And the voice recognition is only so-so. Usually it understands what I say (except for my last name, which is a pain when trying to call the wife), but if you say an album name, you have to get it basically exact or it won't select it.

For example, if the album title has a "sub-title" like Downhere's "How Many Kings: Songs for Christmas", if you don't get the "Songs for Christmas" part, it won't select the album.

Oh, and Maverick, I love my Zune, too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt