What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Subscribed!
o.png

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had a weird issue last night. The truck had been driving fine all day, but when I wanted to go home from work, it wouldn't crank. Got just the dreaded click you get when the battery is down. After the 3rd unsuccessful attempt I went in to find a colleague that would boost me.
While that guy went to bring his car over, I decided to give the truck another try and it started just fine on its own. So it wasn't the battery. But when it started, I noticed that the onboard computer was reset, the trip counter, mileage gauge were all at zero. I also remembered that when I was trying to start it before, the driver seat would not auto-adjust when I entered/removed the key. Could this have been a computer glitch? Never seen this before. Hope my computer isn't on its way out. i heard they're expensive as hell.

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finished changing the shocks on the left side. That left rear is a pain!

And finished the tire rotation since the shocks were done.

New Dorman intake showed up today. But probably won't get to work on it until Thursday night. And I have Friday off. Should be a wrenching good time!

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today I washed, clay barred, and cleaned the inside of the windows, which took me about 3 hours. On my way out the door, I tried to plug my iPhone into the 2nd row AC outlet (my car adapter died) for the first time and discovered the plug wouldn't stay in. I ran back inside, grabbed a mini flathead and popped the outlet cover off. I took a pair of pliers to the flimsy metal connectors and reassembled; problem solved. Considering how poorly made the outlet is, I can see I'll be repairing/replacing it in the not-too-distant future.

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Done installing lift struts for the hood then detailed the engine bay a bit.

WarrenG

Reaction score
Hit a deer on my trip.... Was able to drive away thank goodness. Front end damage only.
Goes in the shop this week.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hit a deer on my trip.... Was able to drive away thank goodness. Front end damage only.
Goes in the shop this week.
Ouch sorry to hear about that. What's the expy look like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

mr49erguy

Reaction score
My 1998 Expy went to Utah (from Virginia) and made it back out last Friday. On the way back it developed a serious exhaust manifold leak at the flange on the drivers side. The bolts that held the flange in place were rusted clear through and I popped them out with little effort at a friends garage. We replaced the bolts to hold the exhaust together and voila...no more exhaust leak and no more deafening sound. Also found that the sway bar bolt/sleeve on the drivers side was sheered clean off so I had to remove the remaining pieces and replace it. Decided to do both sides.

Washed and vacuumed the mess that the kids left after 5000 miles in the truck and now she's ready to have a new heater core put in in the next few weeks.

If I'm really feeling motivated after that, I may take the intake manifold off and replace gasket, hoses, COPs and spark plugs.

On a side note, as I was replacing the bolts for the driver side exhaust, I noticed how badly mangled the exhaust manifold nuts are and am not looking forward to what it will take to to remove the drivers side manifold at some point. I'm at nearly 210,000 miles and would really like to keep it for another few years for camping.