What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As much as I understand and respect anyone's right to have whatever "feelings" for their vehicle ... At the end of the day, its a vehicle that drives down the road - gets dirty - scratched - crashed - vandalised - breaks - dings - rusts - and eventually goes to the junkyard. Its not a living room couch meant only for special guests or a piece of art to hang on the wall in a museum. The road is a brutal place, like at 50 mph behind a garbage truck on a gravel road. Sorry, rant over. Just a philosophy that's practical means of coping with the real world.

No, but I expect a Certified Pre-Owned to be a certain level, and when it goes in to bring it to that level on one thing, I don't expect another thing to occur. Yes, I have many years where it will get wear and tear from me, but I reserve the right to be the one to put that wear and tear on the vehicle.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got the lights today since UPS sucks. I decided to post a photo pre-install though since the stock photos don't really portray them accurately imho.
The smoke tint is very light - lighter than the OEM lights on my Limited. The lights themselves are angled downward slightly, presumably so you don't blind oncoming traffic. DT Moto (eBay) packaged them nicely. Zero concern about them getting damaged in shipping the way they packed them. I'll post some more pics after I finish the retrofit and get them installed/

thumbnail.jpg

Is this the "clear" or tinted set?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As much as I understand and respect anyone's right to have whatever "feelings" for their vehicle ... At the end of the day, its a vehicle that drives down the road - gets dirty - scratched - crashed - vandalised - breaks - dings - rusts - and eventually goes to the junkyard. Its not a living room couch meant only for special guests or a piece of art to hang on the wall in a museum. The road is a brutal place, like at 50 mph behind a garbage truck on a gravel road. Sorry, rant over. Just a philosophy that's practical means of coping with the real world.

You're entitled to that view and as such, it clearly wouldn't make sense for you to buy new or even a cherry used vehicle. Some people view their vehicles different though and they, literally, pay the price for such. Moreover, you could make the same claim about pretty much any material item from a suit (bespoke vs off-the-rack) to a house (new vs used, mobile/manufactured vs stick-built, etc.). They may all accomplish the same basic function, but they each offer different pros/cons that are going to appeal to different people.

Is this the "clear" or tinted set?

That is the smoked (tinted) set. The tint is lighter than the tint on the OEM Limited lights, which is good or bad depending on your perspective. Some might prefer the darker look, but the darker it is the less light gets through of course.

Here's another photo taken in my well-lit laundry room that portrays the tint a little better.

IMG_2892.jpg

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
You're entitled to that view and as such, it clearly wouldn't make sense for you to buy new or even a cherry used vehicle. Some people view their vehicles different though and they, literally, pay the price for such....
On the contrary, I paid up for a mint 2014 EL couple years ago and I maintain it to the highest standards I can. I clean it regularly and try to take the best mechanical care of it that I can. I absolutely love driving it and even looking at it in my driveway or wherever. Its my home away from home and my freedom to go anywhere I want anytime I want. I'm just painfully aware of what its subjected to on the road and that's its mission so there will be scars from time to time. You wanna play you gotta pay and I fully accept that. Of course, it makes my life easier but people can have whatever thoughts in their own head they want .. This is America!

Tomorrow its mission is to get me back home, an 8 hour drive in slush mud and whatever through 3 different mountain ranges and the NYS Thruway. If a deer stumbles into the side of it I'll Man Up and say to myself "that's the way the cookie crumbles" and move on without any heartache.
0314181919.jpg

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Ugh!!! Stickers :whymewhyme:
Ugh!!!! Living in Dallas, home of heat humidity & fire ants. I know, you're just jealous you're stuck in Dallas and haven't driven your souped up premium gas money wasting no more than 2 year old Expedition to all those places ... you only use it to drive your toddlers to school because your wife is at work earning money for you.

Last edited:

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I removed the roof rack today. Unfortunately, it wasn't on purpose. Was just coming back from vacation where I carried 2 kayaks both ways with no problems. Took mine off, left the borrowed one on and took it back to my buddy about 6 miles away. Coming off the highway, the front of the rack ripped out of the roof, kayak was still strapped to the crossbars in the kayak holder. still hung on at the back , but destroyed rack, dented side behind passenger door, and left some nice ugly holes where the bolts used to be.

Don't think it was too heavy, maybe 70 lbs? Holders were mounted on crossbars close to the edge. They are the J style holders. Kayak wasn't loose, or it would have come off when the roof rack ripped out. Not sure it can be fixed since it was just mounted in the roof sheet metal. It doesn't go into any sort of frame member, just a flange under the sheet metal that the screws go in to. Not real happy today...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got 2 370 alts fabbed up on the truck...air intake isn't what i pictured would be made for the truck but for now it seems to work... Will have to go to a shop to have the air flow rate figured out compared to what it needs to be

The 370 alt on the motor is putting me at 15.2v which it is handling well... only aggravating thing is the alt regulator is wired to bypass the pcm and is causing my charging light to stay on throwing a code... the fix is to send the alt back for them to rewire the regulator and add the middle pin and wire for the pcm to recognize the alt is there to stop throwing the code... but I can't do that for a while

Motor alt has a double pulley which the fan shop welded together... if anything happens to the other alts I'll be able to disconnect without having to be without the truck cuz it's own belt systemf24a7985982b5da239492eea7a1f973f.jpg
21d6125b624f967ad57623391d259b75.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65