What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that intake isn’t doing jack shit with all those bends in it. Please tell me that’s painted black PVC tubing. Your performance is going to suffer considerably
Temp setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And you couldn't plug it, used run flat sealant, refilled it with air or put the spare tire on? Kinda seems like you like being at the dealer... gotta keep those hands silky smooth

I went there not because I couldn’t do it myself but because I am under warranty including roadside. Why not let them do it while it was covered already?

Plati

Reaction score
Especially as I get older, like to use a mix of services and my own labor. If I can and want to do it myself - great. Times it makes sense to have someone do the work.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Especially as I get older, like to use a mix of services and my own labor. If I can and want to do it myself - great. Times it makes sense to have someone do the work.

It isn’t just getting older for me. There is more in my mental calculus

1 - It is covered. Doing it myself saves me nothing and costs me materials.
2 - I am dressed for office work not auto work. I have calluses from working in a lumber mill and construction for years. I also wore different clothing I didn’t mind getting tire marks on and didn’t care if it didn’t wash out.
3 - parking lot is sloped. I don’t like trusting the emergency jacks if I can avoid it, especially on any slope. Roadside brought chocks and a floor jack.
4 - I would need to walk to a parts store for patch material. Fix a flat goo is a pain to clean up afterwards.
5 - I still get pains in neck and back if I exert myself. I don’t like my neck imitating breakfast cereal - snap, crackle and pop.

Plati

Reaction score
My neighbor had a screw in a tire making it flat overnight. They ended up having to replace all 4. Shop said where the screw was they couldn't reliably fix with a plug & the tires were worn enough that putting a new one on would create a problem.

The days when I actually want to change a tire or fix a flat with a plug are behind me. Kinda like my roof. I put a complete roof on my house in 1989. Now days, I do not believe I can hoist a pack of shingles up a ladder over and over again. Glad to pay somebody to do that.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found some nasty rims (fixed with bedliner) with Prated tires for $50 on Craigslist

2018-03-28 17.53.53.jpg

Its a surprisingly exhausting project, but daaaaaamn does it ride smooth vs. LTrated BFGs.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered front/rear pads (Akebono ASP) and front rotors (Raybestos Police). $252 OTD. Only the fronts need to be done, but Pep Boys has the pads at 25% off so I'll toss them in the garage until they're needed.

Got my shovel mounted, cleaned the truck and took some pics. That’s all.

Just out of curiosity, do those PIAAs actually put out sufficient light to warrant their cost these days? I had a set way back in the late 90s and they were awesome, but reviews on the modern iterations are pretty lackluster. The stocks are ok, but I do a lot of driving on NPS roads and could really use something better.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed yet another fits-F150-only product (real caps not stickon covers...direct fit, though, so stands to reason the stickons would all also work):

2018-03-29 23.40.46.jpg

...jacked up a mirror glass on one side doing it, though.

Oh well, in two days we'll see if F150 glass fits