What is it called and how do I take it out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txolds442

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm trying to remove and refinish the painted panels just below the passenger side front and rear windows on the exterior of the vehicle. They run the length of the doors and seem to slide out and are about an inch and half tall. They are metal, the paint is peeling off and surface corrosion is starting to happen.

I tried searching, but it makes it difficult when I don't know the name of that part. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personal recommendation would be to just plasti-dip the parts. Its easier than removing them. Do some searches for that here, I know people have used it for just that purpose. Anything on my truck with the exception of my tow bar that is black is done with plasti-dip.

OP
OP
T

txolds442

Reaction score
I appreciate your response. I got impatient, so I ground all the paint and corrosion off with a dremel abrasive wheel and repainted with bumper and trim paint and it turned out very well. I wish I would have thought of platidip, that stuff is awesome.