What is this thingy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is the celestial Sirius XM antenna.
GPS navigation antenna (when equipped) is located under the dashboard, passenger side.

Terrestrial repeater Sirius XM broadcast reception, along with AM & FM is via passenger rear quarter glass antenna wire grid.

Above applies to early 3rd gens.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is the celestial Sirius XM antenna.
GPS navigation antenna (when equipped) is located under the dashboard, passenger side.

Terrestrial repeater Sirius XM broadcast reception, along with AM & FM is via passenger rear quarter glass antenna wire grid.

Above applies to early 3rd gens.
wow , thanks

Expy lover

Reaction score
Excuse me
I hit something at the top of my new expy and this piese was cracked [emoji22]
Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse me
I hit something at the top of my new expy and this piese was cracked [emoji22]
Any suggestions ?

Did you crack the shark fin looking one or this one? I didn’t know the 4th gens had this style antenna up there. Probably will want to replace it or epoxy the crack shut to keep water out depending how it’s cracked....Pic?

Last edited:

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2017 is the same, I dont believe Ford has the fin style like the Chevys. So there's nothing wrong with the one in the photo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Expy lover

Reaction score
Did you crack the shark fin looking one or this one? I didn’t know the 4th gens had this style antenna up there. Probably will want to replace it or epoxy the crack shut to keep water out depending how it’s cracked....Pic?

This one and , can i find only the plastic cover or it came completed with it’s wires?
Fortunately no water come in

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool...I was thinking that grid in my right rear window was a defroster for my viewing pleasure. Guess I now know why it doesn't work...