What tires are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11henrs

Reaction score
Anybody runnin the hankook dynapro at2? Has a LT285/55/20 that I think I may like. I do mainly Florida driving but will be going to Texas this year and I hear it’s already starting to get cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Firestone Destination LE2 - my buddy is in the business, for trucks of our size he really endorses this tire. Excellent in wet, dry, smooth, quiet. I'm very pleased.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Firestone Destination LE2 - my buddy is in the business, for trucks of our size he really endorses this tire. Excellent in wet, dry, smooth, quiet. I'm very pleased.

I've used those LE2s on my full size vans, explorer, and a pickup. They are great tires. That being said, I went with the Michelin LTX MS2 on my expedition again and am happy with those also.

Side note, I get to replace one of my LE2s on my son's old ranger after hitting a steel frame of some type in the road yesterday... Apparently they don't handle large steel objects well. The 3 other cars on the side of the road noticed the same thing.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A friend of mine runs the Copper STT on his 2009 f250 primarily in the winter and wet months due to nature of his work and frequently needing to be off of pavement. They're pretty amazing. 9" of snow. No problem. Like it's not even there.

Highway performance is fine, I've driven it several times and hes never complained about anything. They are noisy compared to normal tires but that's to expected of any off road type rubber. Nothing overwhelming by any means. He only got about 35k out of his but again, rather harsh environment, tows a lot and is terrible at getting tires rotated. It probably happened twice.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tires are like asking which shoe to wear, it depends on what you’re doing. For general on road driving the Michelin is pretty much the best tire you can find, granted we pay a premium for them. I was sold on Michelin after my dads 08 E-350 got 80,000 miles out of a set of the LTX line with no regular rotations or maintenance. They still had life left. The Michelin LTX is what was on my Expy when I bought it in May, I almost replaced them with BridgeStones and last minute instead purchased new replacement Michelin’s. I’ve had the new ones for 1 or 2 weeks now. It really is a great tire.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus, 80k mile tire

I had P275/60R20's on my 2003 for almost 4 yrs/30k miles before switching to a set of Raptor take-offs for the look. My wife and I loved them so much we bought a set of P275/65R18's for her 2016. A year and 10k miles later, these blow away the factory Goodyear's that were on it.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes tires are like shoes and quite subjective due to a lot of people never experiencing more than about 2 sets of tires after the factory ones on a given vehicle but like shoes if 8 people out of 10 on the same platform say they are trash or great in whatever aspect, it's likely a sound conclusion.

I am much less concered about treadlife than real world performance. Along with brakes, tires are literally what makes the difference in life or death maneuvers. I likely dont drive as much as a lot you, in the past 5 years I've cut WAY back...like 5-6k a year tops so it's much less of a problem if I only get 25-30k from a tire. I used to be 30k a year for awhile but even then I'd trade half the life for a tire that had amazing grip/control.

My 03 came with a fairly meaty set of General Grabber HTS60's already installed and I'm soundly impressed by them. I dont really tow and this has never left pavement since I've owned it but they're QUIET...like there is close to 0 noise from tires. If there is I cant hear it. My radio can be on a volume of 6...out of 45 and I can hear it fine on the hwy. I've yet to lose traction in rain or the 4" of snow we had last night. Drove home in the worst of it on unsalted/plowed back roads for about 9 miles. Theres essentially 0 vibration..likely from the 200k mi old driveline if anything and tracks perfectly straight.

If they're still made and I own this when they wear out they will definitely be considered. I've never had tires from them before. I have family that work in the tire business and usually just buy whatever I want given the hefty discount I generally receive. I've ran nittos, bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, pirelli, cooper, and I would easily rank these up near the top from all things considered, a huge one being cost. I have about 450k miles under my belt in 12 different vehicles I've owned and have a fairly decent idea on tire performance.