What to do??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with the 21, Non LSD! The ELSD is a great feature. Pulling the boat out of the water, the ELSD will be a game changer if the ramp is slick. I would eliminate anything that doesn't have the ELSD. That is me. Traction matters!

omandave

Reaction score
I second what Bobward757 just stated!!! my wife and I got a used 2019 Limited with the ESLD 3.73. and Heavy duty tow package. Bought it with 115k miles on it used in Aug 23. we bought an extended warranty at that time. we just got a new transmission in Jan 24. our $1500 ext warr covered the $8000 transmission. (deductible of $200) Now iour rig works, as it should. and drives nicely. Get the coverage for some peace of mind.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 Limited MAX SE here, I 2nd ELSD point for your use case. These rigs tow beautifully. ~24K miles with 7K TT and a couple different boats of varying weight.

Regarding the quabbles of common "issues". Just got my phasers done at 59.5K and trans seems OK for now, only when cold some questionable shifts into or out of 4th gear, but, will wait and see how those are addressed going forward/I have time. I did opt for the extended service plan, simply because this thing has so many items that could fail and give a headache. I do recommend going with the highest payload one you can find. If I could've spec'd mine as is but without the palatial/heavy/payload eating sunroof, I would have. But, other than that, best (and most expensive, so should be) vehicle I've ever owned. I hope it continues to serve my family of 6 well.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plan to tow my boat on weekends in the summer about 40 minutes each way... 5 kids...lol

All of them have the max tow package. My boat/trailer is about 8400lbs
I only saw the trailer tow package on the silver platinum you posted the list on… that therefore would be my choice given your trailer!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire