what tyres are you riding on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello all, just looking for replacing my rear tires at the moment, i just wanted to see what everyone in the rest of the world is riding on.
on the middle east expys perrelis are the standard tire, but when i was last in having the expy serviced the ford rep recommended that i change to yokohama or michellin as the perellis dont do to good in the heat we get here.

but i havent been able to find a perfect replacement, size wise as everything else is slightly bigger, which wont cause a problem, but i was jsut wondering if anyone is running other tires on the stock 18" alloys, and if anyone else has run into the perrelis cracking after a year or so?

cheers

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my second set of Michelin LTX MS2s (P265/70R17) after the original Goodyear Wranglers which wore funny despite rotation every 5,000 miles, and they were considerably noiser and rougher ride.

Thus my .02 is for the Michelins.

PanHandler.

Attachments

• LTXMS2-1.jpg
    LTXMS2-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 124

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cooper S/T Maxx's!! Of course it is probably not the look you might be going for if you plan on staying stock. Michelin's have always been good from what I have heard.

Attachments

• 11F5C54F-D061-478A-AA84-3C5649388F26.jpg
    11F5C54F-D061-478A-AA84-3C5649388F26.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I am running goodyear triple treads currently but I am guessing in Bahrain you do not have to worry about wet traction. :)

Your location may have a lot to do with your tire choice. I would be inclined to get advise from local tire dealers. Do your drive offroad ( sand ??) often or strictly keep it on the road??

I also do not have 18" wheels. :(

97EddieExped

Reaction score
I've always ran BFG All Terrain KOs on my 4x4 rigs and have always loved them. Their only downside is cakey mud, but other than they they're champs. As far as highway tires on a truck I have no worthwhile advice.

daoud el-massri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me know what kind of driving u do is it off road like the mountins in West Virgina where they do a lot of rig running . Ore do u do a little of both .

Bosco123

Reaction score
Generals AT 2 best tire out there imo.....(especially considering I've ran nittos, gy silent armor, falken)

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running goodyear triple treads currently but I am guessing in Bahrain you do not have to worry about wet traction. :)

Your location may have a lot to do with your tire choice. I would be inclined to get advise from local tire dealers. Do your drive offroad ( sand ??) often or strictly keep it on the road??

I also do not have 18" wheels. :(

yeah wet traction isnt really a problem out here lol.

thats the thing its, the guy from ford who recommended i dont go for the orginal perrelis as he says they are really good tires, but are better fro europe and america style temperature as they have alot of metal in them which when mixed with the heat we get out here causes the tire to crack so he said about yokohamas or michellin, from what i have read on here i think michellin might be the best.

yeah i do occasionally go off road, but the sand here is a mixture of very very soft sand like powder or hard gravelly sand, but i do end up bumping over a lot of pavements as well and end up driving on alot of crap due to the local 'unrest' as alot of crap is chucked on the roads to form improvised road blocks, but it hasnt stopped me yet lol

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me know what kind of driving u do is it off road like the mountins in West Virgina where they do a lot of rig running . Ore do u do a little of both .

i drive alot on road as the expy is what i comute to work with, but ever weekend or so im do some light off roading, which is across gravely/hard sand and powder like sand.

and occasionally bump over a few curbs and other things lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik