What's next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know it’s been said before mike but great job on the engine cover. With the color it looks nice.

Thanks for the compliment. The two times I had my Expy at Ford for service, both technicians have come out to me and asked me where I bought the cover because it looks good. I tell them I painted it myself with paint markers. My neighbor just bought a 18 F150 so I am sure it is just a matter of time before he asks me to paint his.

17limited

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. The two times I had my Expy at Ford for service, both technicians have come out to me and asked me where I bought the cover because it looks good. I tell them I painted it myself with paint markers. My neighbor just bought a 18 F150 so I am sure it is just a matter of time before he asks me to paint his.

What mounting bracket did you use? The one that came with my kit looks nothing like that?

schulzie

Reaction score
I had a Livernois Tuner on my 2012 F150 EcoBoost, it was great. When I traded that for the 2012 Expedition EL, (growing family), Livernois reformatted the tuner for the new vehicle, and provided tunes for the 5.4L Expedition. It was a night and day difference. Especially with the 93 octane performance tune. When I moved from Mississippi to Florida, the price jump from 87 to 93 octane was quite a bit more, so I ran the 87 octane performance tune - still a huge difference. Even my wife, who could care less about a car, noticed a difference when she drove the Expedition "untuned". The throttle response, shifting, acceleration and overall driving experience is much better on a tune.
Then, when we sold her minivan, she took the Expedition, and I bought a used, 2013 Fusion with the 2.0 EcoBoost. I have Livernois once again reformat the tuner to this vehicle, and provide tunes for it (wife was sad to lose the tuner). Livernois really can make the EcoBoost motors run, and without problems.
I would look into one for sure if you have an EB vehicle. Also, with the 5.4 it is a great addition. They provide unlimited tunes, and can work with you to improve throttle response, shifting, etc. I believe the will change it 4 times (vehicles), for 5 total vehicles (not at the same time). Pretty reasonable I think.
I've not looked into a catch can, but several friends have them and they work. Or at least drill a small hole in the lowest portion of the intercooler, that's the cheap way. I'd go catch can myself, they aren't that much for the protection they provide.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1985 Mustang GT....will blow the doors off most things on the road including a Miata. LOL

In my youth, i had a 1970 GTO with the 350 HO. It would fly. Later, i bought a pontiac Sunbird with a turbocharged 110 CID brazilian four cylinder. That thing would eat corvettes and porsches in the midrange. Topped out early though, so they would eventually catch me. Eventually.
Good times.

EDIT
I can't believe I forgot this. while in school in East Texas, I found myself in a race with a mustang - this was mid to late 70's. when he finally gave up and dropped back, I looked at the speedo; the needle was still buried past 120.

Last edited:

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Obtw, are there any tuner/programmers that include a vacuum gauge and an ammeter in their set of gauge displays?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69