whats the best lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok guys need your help. Getting ready to lift the expy, so whats the best suspension lift kit to get, one thats not gonna break the bank to bad... doing a 3" lift... thanks for the help...

Oh yea one more thing with that lift can i put 32 X 12.5 R18 tires on it..

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for one ditch the air ride and go to coils in back shocks up front, the air ride sucks cause when it gose bad its alot of money to fix, im so glad mine had coild from the factory. i would go with fabtech or rancho for a lift kit

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or the cheap way is spacers in rear and do a torsion bar twist up front, although if you crank the torsion bars to the max there go your ball joints and the ride quality is going to suck. my friend has a F150 with the bars maxed out, it rides horribly and he already had to replace the ball joints once

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If i take the air ride off wont it lose the comfort of the ride... just curious...

Scottandtyson210

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For us people air ride front and back I think our only basic choice is a 3" Body lift, if you want suspesion then you will have to do the air the springs conversion then do what ever lift you desire. I think I will eventually go with just the 3" PA Bodylift. I never keep my rigs for long periods of time so I wont soend the high dollars for the others.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
That's true, NO ONE makes a suspension lift kit that supports the air ride. I did a ton of research before I bought my truck, in fact I passed up a few really nice trucks, just because they had air ride. (and I knew that I was going to lift it)

Fortunately, I found a truck that already had a lift.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i rode in one of my friends trucks with air ride, didnt feel much different to me, but then again I dont care for air ride, my old caddy had air shocks and it gave me nothing but trouble, and just like tony i passed up some real nice expeditions because of the air ride feature, you prolly will loose some comfort but if your going with mud tires your gonna need some better shocks to handle them. when i got my Mud Terrains the guy told me i needed to upgrade my shocks otherwise the ride would suck. in a week i had it riding on rancho shocks.