What's the deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does no one tune their 2008 Expy's? I ordered a Superchips tuner a few months ago and found out they didn't have a tune for my truck. After dealing with them for a few days I ended up sending it back because I was tired of them. So this time around I picked up a tuner from 5 Star thinking they'd have something already. I find a note in the package saying they need my strategy code in order to write a tune. So once again, no tunes for me. Don't take this as a knock against 5 Star. I'm sure they'll set me up soon. I'm more curious is this is a normal occurance for canned tunes? I've never had to deal with them. I've always done my own tuning.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know of a couple of people running around with tuned 07+ Expeditions. We don't use the mild generic tunes you've listed there is nothing "custom" about them. I suggest you get yourself the software and a wideband if you want it tuned right and running at maximum safe performance.

Cliffs:

You want a good tune, buy software, wideband and enjoy.

OP
OP
01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tune my Cobra myself. I want to keep from getting that deep into the Expy. One project is enough.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your knowledgeable to tune your cobra on your own, you should know that canned tunes are crap. 5 star is asking for a reason.....they are going to make you a custom tune. I don't understand what the issue is.

OP
OP
01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No real issue. I just assumed there would be tunes on the tuner. I'm probably just being impatient.

OP
OP
01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So yeah, I'm an impatient jack ass. Checked my email this morning and my tunes are there. Time to load them up and see how the truck does.:banana-mario:

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tune my Cobra myself. I want to keep from getting that deep into the Expy. One project is enough.

I hate to quote this for history. I can't believe you posted you tuned your own cobra but can't / don't want to tune the expedition. :popcorn: