Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

WONDERING HOW BIG I CAN GO ON WHEELS (2003 EXPEDITION) WITHOUT LIFT KITS,.......315-70-17 IS WHAT I HAVE IN MIND

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I think you mean how big you can go on tires, not wheels, but anyway I don't think anything over 285 would fit without rubbing unless you go to a lower profile tire.

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
305 50 on 20 inch rims is what I have seen look the best. Only problem is the rims are around 4-500 bucks. Here is a tire calculator to help you with your rim and tire choice. It an excellent gauge to see if you will remain within the speedo requiremnets.
Tire and Rim calculator

OP
OP
G

i have a 2000 xlt with a 3 inch lift and 16.5 inch mickeys wrapped with 50x16.5 33by12.5 mud terrian tires an only have a little rub on the inside not any more thanks to a carver plastic cutting knife love my expy

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read people putting 315/70/17

but that was on a 17x8 size wheel (or was it 17x8.5). I don't know if that size tire will fit on the stock 17x7.5 wheel size.

Anyhow, the tire itself would fit, but it also involved cutting/trimming into the lower valence of the front bumper because as the wheel turned, it would hit the lower valence.

I remember reading that going with that size tire gave an approximately 2 inch lift.

OP
OP
G

the 275-45-20 is what comes factory on the harley so i would guess that would be the best plus that's what i use not to mention you can buy them for 135.00-160.00 a piece not much more than the baby tires and rims they come with.