Which OBD 2 hardware and app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Straight from the FORScan website:
What OBD2 adapters are supported?

All ELM327 adapters are supported, including clones. Situation with so-called "ELM-compatible" is more complex. Our opinion about "compatible" devices is reflected in this article: . At the moment (Feb 2013) the following ELM327-compatible devices are confirmed to be compatible with FORScan:

- OBDLink SX (STN1100 chipset) - confirmed by Naresh Seeparsad on JDM Mazda 323 BJ Familia 2002 MY

FORScan normally works with COM, USB and Bluetooth interfaces.

So ALL true ELM327 adapters should work fine, the only ones you 'might' have trouble with are emulated 327's

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For clarity on my most recent post.
You do not need a MSCan supported module to read most sensor data and DTC’s. Only need MSCan to read and adjust programming on modules.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on OBD Fusion as a diagnostic and scan tool? This would be for an iPad.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better than Dash Command for iDevices. Simpler & Cleaner and easier dashboard setup.

I use it with my Kiwi 3 in both my Expy and Edge.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better than Dash Command for iDevices. Simpler & Cleaner and easier dashboard setup.

I use it with my Kiwi 3 in both my Expy and Edge.

Cool. The spouses' Mounty had another Limp Mode episode today...on a 2 lane curvy road.....virtually no brakes, no steering, then it quit. And then started right up and drove like a champ. No codes in my cheapy Actron Code Reader, so I need to go deeper before I start throwing parts at it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool. The spouses' Mounty had another Limp Mode episode today...on a 2 lane curvy road.....virtually no brakes, no steering, then it quit. And then started right up and drove like a champ. No codes in my cheapy Actron Code Reader, so I need to go deeper before I start throwing parts at it.

Check out OBD Doctor also. Pretty sure it was free or cheap. I use it for most DTC functions.