Whick models are all wheel drive..Which models can you pick 2 wheel or four wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o nice. my aunt and uncle drove a 95 burban for a long time. had 4 kids towed a big trailer to the desert full of toys. that thing was a champ. i think it was the last year for the 350 v8 too. my cousin learned to drive in it and it was good until cash for clunkers came along. o well. i do miss it though.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i thought it was all wheel drive. but i got corrected. it is automatic 4 wheel drive. when the rear wheel slips it sends power to the front to help pull it along.

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah. i drive around in 2wd. but when its raining i switch to a4wd. 2wd saves a little more gas but if your looking for a tank this size then gas isnt a top priority. i like the safety of this thing and its paid for.

I have the 97 5.4 4wd model with the switch for 4awd, 4wd lo, 4wd hi. So what your saying is that I can put the switch to 4AWD and it makes it safer during the slippery raining weather? Also, to take it out of 4wd, do i just switch it off, or do i have to switch it off and then reverse a certain distance? I dont know how to use my 4x4 yet and need to, so i dont FF anything up. Thanks for the help.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah a4wd was for designed by ford for wet and slippery conditions. theres a video on youtube thats an old review video and it said it there. and i looked it up and its for that. and to switch to 4wd just make sure ur either going super slow or not moving and put it into 4hi and itll engage. then drive away. to turn it off switch it to a4wd or 2wd and its off. for 4lo put the trans into neutral and itll engage into 4lo. youll hear a clunk! and its engaged.