Who has the most miles on the odometer of their expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000ttownexpy

Reaction score
2000 5.4 2WD bought it with 121k March 2011 -- sitting at 137,5xx now. Since I've had it I've replaced 1 coil, spark plugs, serpentine belt, alternator. Due soon - shocks and both front wheel bearings.

Was a one owner rig that was also hauled behind a motor home... so at least some of the miles are just free wheelin'.

Drives like a dream. Couple oddities with the tranny, but nothing super concerning yet.

rightmid

Reaction score
Drove my 2003 5.4 XLT off the lot when the speedometer showed 1 mile. She'll turn over 250,000 miles on the way to speak in North Carolina on Tuesday. I think I had to spend $125 on her once. 2 suspect spark plug coils. That's all, except the required fluid changes. Original everything (except consumables). Hard to believe all these stories. I'm in Louisville.... so I think they actually make them here now -- in the Ford plant on the NE side of the city. After this trip to NC this week, I'm thinking I'll contact the plant manager and ask him if I can drive it over, thank him personally, volunteer to speak at some kind of plant managers' meeting or something. They must get thousands of complaints -- and I wonder if *anyone* has ever taken time to say thanks. If you ask me, it's kind of a marvel of engineering. Mine still shows that it's getting 15 mpg city, but on highway, if I'm careful, I can still get above 17 mpg. I can't remember when I changed the plugs. (Maybe they're eternal? :) ) I always make sure I wash and wax it when I go see my mother (84 years old), because I love to hear her say, "My goodness... is this still the same vehicle???" I think it makes her feel younger, you know?
:)
I've tried to save for spare parts, along the way. (I have quite a big savings account now.) I was wondering... if and when anything goes wrong, wouldn't I be money ahead to just get it fixed and keep driving it? :)

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
shpuker, it had a cracked windshield and the heat wasnt working so the owner of the lot wanted it out of there... fixed all that for $200 , bought it for $3700 out the door...

Shpuker

Reaction score
shpuker, it had a cracked windshield and the heat wasnt working so the owner of the lot wanted it out of there... fixed all that for $200 , bought it for $3700 out the door...

Not bad, snagged mine for only $2,000, windshields cracked aswell, the one brake and blinker didn't work but that was easy enough to fix and it needed a new bulb in the headlight. So only spent $20 or so so far.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got my 2007 Expedition EL about a 1 1/2 ago, it only had 19,000 miles on it, I am sitting at 40,000 now and I have been deployed for 2 years. LOL :D (I will not disclose how much I spent on mine, buying wise) LOL :D As far as maintenance, I haven't had to do anything, just upgrades.

Guitareagle

Reaction score
1998 Expedition 5.4L

321,300 original engine, trans only replaced tires, brakes, alt, heater core, ball joints ,plugs, and 2 coils . This has been the best truck I have ever had. Still getting 16 mpg.