Why do you drive an Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notmyidi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford family, from a mechanics stand point ford has the best frame and suspension

Perfect package would be Cummins engine and Allison trans which are seperate companys from the manf vehicles you find those come in

This is my 3rd ford dd, I had a f150 and a f250 also.

And I have a "bumpside" 67 f250 restoration

sent from my mind via telepathy

Notmyidi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My parents have a 97 f150 and a 03 explorer

sent from my mind via telepathy

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought 98 because our family grew........ I was very scared of getting a domestic ( I had sworn not to go that way after my blazer fell apart in only 5 years)...... and yes it was brand new when I bought it..... was a nightmare for the first 2 months, but has been ok for the last 3........ have put in $1200 in repairs so far in 5 months of driving

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove one (an 09) for work and really liked it. When my IDI blew a HG, I sold it and was going to get another OBS f350.
I was looking on craigslist and found the 97 Ex...it was the color, year, motor, suspension (not air) that I wanted. Also the price was really cheap (but I ended tossing about $1300 for maint/repair work-COPS/PLUGS, ETC).

I decided to pull the plug and am pretty happy with it....I do miss my diesel f350 though (hopefully I'll have one again soon).

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm on my 4th Expy after 2 Explorers. I bought my 98 16months ago when we closed/liquidated the business. We've always used the Expy's to travel from Kansas to Colorado and they've always been great. You can haul a ton of stuff in them and they've never let me down. Now that I'm retired and moving to Pagosa Springs Colorado the first of September I'll probably replace it later with a Ford Supercrew p/u to cut wood and travel in. Nothing but a Ford for me. My wife drives a BMW but that's a different story!

VA epxy

Reaction score
Family is growing...and with toddlers/infants, my wife likes to pack EVERYTHING ( even when going 10 mins down the road to the store) so we wanted something BIG that we wouldnt grow out of. My dreams of getting a Bigger Boat, required a good tow package.

AND I LOVE THE A/C SEATS !!!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My parents were going to get rid of it, and I said let me have it, I'll fix her up and get her respectable again. Best choice I ever made.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because you never know when you are going to walk in to Home Depot for a replacement kitchen faucet and walk out with a new patio table, 4 chairs, a couple of bins for the kids art work ------- and a new kitchen faucet. I cannot believe I considered downsizing before i bought this one. Absolutely love this thing - and the cooled seats

chad9f9

Reaction score
I have a 1999 and it is the first Ford I have personally purchased. I looked around for a full size suv for a while but nothing really compared to the Ford with regards to interior/exterior styling, dependability, features to price ratio and performance. I was mainly an import guy but the Seqouia and Armada just don't feel like an suv should and are way over priced. Too many family members and friends with Chevy and Dodge problems and I think the Fords have a more aggressive appearance to them. I would definately buy another expedition or perhaps an Excursion. :drool:

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2012 KR is our third Expy. The first was a 2001 EB that was a year old when we purchased it used. We drove the hell out that car, and sold it in 2005 when we bought a new 2005 EB with 7 miles on it. That was one fine vehicle and we had a lot of fun driving it on trips. Traded it in on a 09 Buick Enclave that we had when we traded it in this past May for our 2012 KR. The Enclave had the best and quietest ride of any car we have ever had until we got this 12 Expedition. It has just as good a ride and is quieter on the whole than the Enclave we had.