Why do you drive an Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an 03 Expedition a couple months ago. I did a lot of painful research and this is the vehicle I picked.

For one, I have really not liked Fords because of the experience I had with a 91 Taurus and Ford Customer Service. This was a tough purchase.

But man this thing was way better than the GMCs and more robust than the Toyota.

What makes you drive an Expedition?

66horse

Reaction score
I got a smoking deal on it and it was time to get rid of my 92 F150 with 170,000 miles on it.

abbyzdad

Reaction score
Had a '97 light duty F250--needed more doors, seats and space for the dogs. I miss my truck but am enjoying the ride and space in the Expy. Its nice to have room for 4 adults, 2 labs and a weekends worth of stuff.

66horse

Reaction score
Why a ford over the competition?

Again I got a smoking deal from a buddy. But grandpa is a ford man, dad is a ford man, they about disowned by uncle when he bought a chevy. Just a family thing I guess. What I have always been around.

abbyzdad

Reaction score
DAMN_FORD
just couldn't bring myself to buy a chebby tahoe, but did test drive one. didn't like it at all. ride too mushy, doors didn't sound solid when you shut them and sat too low to the pavement. i know some people who do drive the competition and see alot of things i don't like once they got some miles on them

OP
OP
D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The main thing that sold me, a Ford disliker, was the fit and finish, the very low torque curve and high tow rating (Max torque at 2500 RPM) and the fold down flat third seat. Among other things are the independant rear suspension, rack and pinion steering and a reasonable price.

I think the interiors in the Tahoe/Yukon are cheezy big time! They have a high torque curve so youd be rappn' that small block out when pulling a hill.

You have to get a 2500 Suburban to get the same tow capacity as the Expedition. You also would get the honkn' rear leaf spring and a semi-truck ride.

I still can't believe I bought a stinkin' Ford. But it seems like it is better.