Will a 97-98 F150 bumper fit a 2000 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know the designs were different in the late 90 years but can a bumper off a 97-98 F150 fit on an Expedition? If not, can it be made to fit without a bunch of modification? Thanks.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm sure it will fit, you may have to change out the grill, though.

There may be some other small mods that you need to make, but they shouldn't be to tough.

OP
OP
O

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I'm finding a lot of stuff about it on F150 forums about the bumpers. Thing that is throwing me off some is the pictures I see tagged as 97-98 F150 bumpers go straight across at the top of the bumper while some have the grille dipping down and so the bumper dips down in the middle as well. Seems to be some question about whether the tow hooks get in the way or not too.

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the tow hooks are located in the same place from 97 to 02. the bumpers will directly bolt on but you are right about the top of the bumper being flat. the 99 to 02 grill dips down. the header panel is the same for all the years.

OP
OP
O

OokeyIkky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks mrford. I picked the bumper up last night and it has that dip in the middle like my 2000. The guy had a F150 where the grille is straight across and he said he grabbed the wrong bumper, that the F150 eddie bauers were different. I don't know, I just know it looks like it will fit heh hopefully this weekend I have time to get it on.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can lay under it with a tape measure and write down the bolt spacing between the 8 bolts using your best center-to-center guess. If they are the same as the part you bought then it will fit and swap out in about 30 minutes. The 8 bolts to mount the bumper on to the brackets are easy to deal with, if you try to remove the brackets it's a pita.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been studying this topic for a while now 97-98 is totally different than the 99-02

the bumpers and grills wont mix and match due to shape and if you swap bumpers the brackets are also different and will need to be changed