Window Creak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My two front windows creak when they roll up and down. Is this a sign of the motor going out or do i just need to get in and lube them up?

I remember when i was a kid and my parents bought a ford econoline van, and the windows would creak all the time. Is this just a ford thing?

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A friend of mine's older lincoln makes the same creaking noise and now you have to pull the window up by hand. More than likely the motor is going south

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the same problem 4x4. Mine is just a lube problem. Would have to take off the door panels to clean it up a little bit and it should go away but I'm too lazy. So I don't. But mine sometimes sounds better when it just gets done raining (never happens though haha). So it shouldn't be the motor.

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool, I've been really lazy and not wanted to take off my door panel cause those things are a pain in my ass. I just bought some new speakers for the front too, so i've been putting it off.