Winter tires and rims came in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks really good! I opted for the lame f150 stockers lol. Just finished putting mine on.

Sadly these 275/55/20s ride so much better than the OEM 22s :(

View attachment 33301

Lookin good! Are you going to trim the rear axle shafts to install the center caps? I enjoy the smooth ride of 20's with my CCD suspension as well. The snow tires are especially smooth on the Western PA bumpy roads, which is nice!

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Looks really good! I opted for the lame f150 stockers lol. Just finished putting mine on.

Sadly these 275/55/20s ride so much better than the OEM 22s :(

I would imagine. Large wheels and low profile tires are a horrific plight upon humanity. Form over function. Looks over capability. Utter garbage. Much prefer smaller wheels and bigger tires.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Looks good!. I'm taking possession of a 2019 Limited with the stealth package next week and ford's incentive at the moment besides 4k off plus the ambassador $750 discount, after my retiree price, is a set of winter tires/rims. No clue what that includes or if I'll have a choice of tires/rims or not.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good!. I'm taking possession of a 2019 Limited with the stealth package next week and ford's incentive at the moment besides 4k off plus the ambassador $750 discount, after my retiree price, is a set of winter tires/rims. No clue what that includes or if I'll have a choice of tires/rims or not.

Perhaps it's a Canada specific incentive for Ford to offer the winter wheels and snow tires. We have lots of Ontario plates down our way that come to shop for clothes, etc and most seem to run black steel rims with their snow tires (even the Mercedes & Lexus vehicles have black steel wheels with snow tires).

Pete6114

Reaction score
Perhaps it's a Canada specific incentive for Ford to offer the winter wheels and snow tires. We have lots of Ontario plates down our way that come to shop for clothes, etc and most seem to run black steel rims with their snow tires (even the Mercedes & Lexus vehicles have black steel wheels with snow tires).
Yes. I've had steel rims on my past vehicles as well, but i'm hoping Ford is including something a little nicer as part of that Winter package. I've never bought a new vehicle this late in the year before, but rather in the spring/summer, so i've never taken advantage of those deals which Ford offers just about every Fall up here. Guess i'll find out next week what's available to me and what or if there's a upgrade option.

OP
OP
StealthyBulldog

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. I've had steel rims on my past vehicles as well, but i'm hoping Ford is including something a little nicer as part of that Winter package. I've never bought a new vehicle this late in the year before, but rather in the spring/summer, so i've never taken advantage of those deals which Ford offers just about every Fall up here. Guess i'll find out next week what's available to me and what or if there's a upgrade option.

You can pick out rims and tires, it's up to $3000 I believe. I bought mine before that promo started, I got mine on the "employee pricing" promo they just before that.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would imagine. Large wheels and low profile tires are a horrific plight upon humanity. Form over function. Looks over capability. Utter garbage. Much prefer smaller wheels and bigger tires.
You gotta find a middle ground really, smaller wheels = smaller rotors and smaller calipers... I wouldn't want to go back to the stopping power of the early 2000 Silverados that I owned.

Pete6114

Reaction score
You can pick out rims and tires, it's up to $3000 I believe. I bought mine before that promo started, I got mine on the "employee pricing" promo they just before that.
Great news! I should be able to find something i like for 3k. Alternative is to forfeit the tire package offer and take $1000 cash instead. Don't think so.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX