Wiper park position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

russoax

Reaction score
On my 2011, I replaced the windshield wiper transmission linkage, now the wipers won’t stop in the proper park position. The up and down travel is correct, but when they go down after flipping them off, they come back up to park in the middle of the windshield.
What did I do wrong?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2011, I replaced the windshield wiper transmission linkage, now the wipers won’t stop in the proper park position. The up and down travel is correct, but when they go down after flipping them off, they come back up to park in the middle of the windshield.
What did I do wrong?

Why did you replace the part?

Did you install an OEM Motorcraft part?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Passenger side came detached, couldn’t find the parts/bushings to just put it back together. All I could find was the Dorman.

Is there any chance the Dorman part you installed was not the correct one?

I know from a friend that replaced his wiper motor assembly on a different vehicle that there was two assemblies - one for standard front wipers and one for front wipers with the rain sensing wipers.

OP
OP
R

russoax

Reaction score
Is there any chance the Dorman part you installed was not the correct one?

I know from a friend that replaced his wiper motor assembly on a different vehicle that there was two assemblies - one for standard front wipers and one for front wipers with the rain sensing wipers.
Dunno, guess it could be, but we made sure to order the one that did not have the rain sensing wipers, which should be correct, but guess it could be.
More the issue I think is why the motor is jumping it back up from the bottom position all of a sudden, when it’s the same motor.
Wondering if there’s a setting I need to mess with or something.