Wiper Position After Recall - Heated Wiper Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the recall done on our 2020 Expedition last summer. This winter I noticed that after the recall work, the wipers sit higher up on the windshield than before.

The result is that the wipers are now 1 - 2 inches above the heated wiper park tracks in the windshield. With the arctic temps we've had up here (-45c / -49f) that's been problematic with the wipers freezing up.

Anyone else noticed this? When I spoke with the dealership they said there's not much they can do, but on the next service they can take the cowl off and recalibrate the entire wiper mechanism. Seems like overkill to me...

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the recall done on our 2020 Expedition last summer. This winter I noticed that after the recall work, the wipers sit higher up on the windshield than before.

The result is that the wipers are now 1 - 2 inches above the heated wiper park tracks in the windshield. With the arctic temps we've had up here (-45c / -49f) that's been problematic with the wipers freezing up.

Anyone else noticed this? When I spoke with the dealership they said there's not much they can do, but on the next service they can take the cowl off and recalibrate the entire wiper mechanism. Seems like overkill to me...

The wiper arms (with the blades) can be removed and repositioned lower on the windshield when parked, like the dealer should have done when they did the recall repair.

OP
OP
Fizzy

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wiper arms (with the blades) can be removed and repositioned lower on the windshield when parked, like the dealer should have done when they did the recall repair.

Not the updated part number. The old ones, yes. The old ones were recalled because under certain conditions the teeth would strip off.

The new wiper arms have a single fixed positioning spline/lug. They can only slot into the receiver in a single position. They can not be adjusted by repositioning the arm.

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not the updated part number. The old ones, yes. The old ones were recalled because under certain conditions the teeth would strip off.

The new wiper arms have a single fixed positioning spline/lug. They can only slot into the receiver in a single position. They can not be adjusted by repositioning the arm.

Thank you - I didn’t realize that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire