Would you buy this '18 Limited Max?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bws2015

Reaction score
It was repaired at the ford dealership, why would there be a non ford part in there?

bws2015

Reaction score
Also when you buy an extended warranty, an inspector oks the vehicle and your good to go from there, regardless of past repairs.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was repaired at the ford dealership, why would there be a non ford part in there?
It was out of warranty the dealer can use whatever parts they want. I see NAPA and other parts trucks at dealers all the time.
Which is why I suggested he get a copy of the RO, it should show the parts and #'s that were installed.

bws2015

Reaction score
No it wasn't out of warranty, it was done at 50k miles, it had a 60k powertrain on it. Anyway, it doesn't make any difference, if he buys an extended warranty from ford, they have to honor it. There is no way the customer can have any control of what parts were used on a prior repair. Anyway, he is obviously not going to buy it because of the work being done, me personally I would look at it like an engine with only 10k miles on the timing set, which should equal more life. The reason why you see napa and other parts trucks at the dealer all of the time is because they service other makes and models besides fords, their used inventory, etc. For example I can take my expedition to the gmc dealer in my home town for a brake job, oil change, etc. . I bought my expedition from a Nissan dealer used, and they wanted me to bring it there for service, do you think Nissan parts dept has brakes, oil filters, fuel filters, spark plugs, etc. for an expedition?

Last edited:

Dennis48755

Reaction score
I'm wondering what others think about how much value the vehicle will lose in the next 6 months?

I have a 2018 Expedition Limited Max 4x4 that I purchased new 12/2017, currently at 6,500 (I don't drive much) that I will want to trade in on a new 2022 Expedition Limited Stealth 4x4early 2022.
Dennis

Dennis48755

Reaction score
Have you tried the KBB evaluation for your specific model?
Yes, thanks.

But what I'm wondering is how much of the value I research today, will I lose to trade-in in 6 months or 1,000 miles. I'm guessing it could be March before 2022 Expeditions arrive.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard to speculate on future market evaluations.
IMHO, I dont think loading a 2017 version of your Expy in KBB is an accurate representation, of your 2018's value 6 months from now.