Would you buy this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All,
I used to own a 2011 EL, King Ranch. About two years ago and snow took me out on an off camber curve and insurance company totaled it out :( I replaced it with an 08 F250 CC 5.4l at the time.
Needless to say, I really miss my Expy EL and am thinking of replacing it. I found this one and wanted to get some opinion, please. What do you think?
https://www.sheehyfordwarrenton.com...enton-va-050f74780a0e0adf0c4471124272398e.htm

I appreciate any and all feedback,
Thank you

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s about what I paid for my regular length 2014 XLT almost a year ago with a little more miles.

I don’t have the upgraded radio like this one has.

The rear captains chairs. I have them. Not 100% sure I like them. Not 100% sure I don’t like them. If you have dog(s) then they have free rein.

I’m happy with mine. If you’ve been wanting one, buy it.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks nice. No idea if the price is fair as I haven't looked at anything that year before. The 301A has basically everything the KR at least, aside from the obvious exclusive options. I did look at a 2011 w the 301 package w 143k on it about a year and a half ago. Dealer was asking 10995. It wasn't perfect though, had a couple small cosmetic issues and when i got there the radio, RSE, heated seats, and rear controls were non functional. They claimed they didn't know. I wouldn't have touched it for 6k w those problems... could be a laundry list of electrical garbage that adds up fast.

We have captains chairs in the navigator and comfort wise they are quite nice. When my expedition wears out one if these days the replacement will have them.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2014 that is very similar to that, just standard length. I love it, no complaints. Price looks about right to me.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. See what kind of Ford warranty they'll throw in to close the deal. Even if it's for a short time, it can cure lots of the doubt.

OP
OP

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I’m pulling the trigger on it as we speak (as I type) haha. Although it’s a short one, they are giving me 30 days 100% bumper to bumper warranty. I’m choosing not to get an extended warranty.
First chance I get I’ll update my profile and add a few pics.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Be sure the extended length will fit in your garage. I'd be touching the wall in my standard chassis '17 -- if my wife let me park in the garage. Yep, our newest and most expensive vehicle sits outside unless we're parking at the airport. :)

-- Chuck

13ExpSilver

Reaction score
I just flew down to Texas in Aug. 2019 and picked up my 2013 Expedition Limited 4x4 (non-EL) with 90k mi. for $18k out the door from a Mazda Dealership. Has every option and black leather with second row captain. I believe it was a great deal last year and was willing to go to Texas being completely rust free. It also was optioned with the 18" wheels but found a set of the 20" in Nebraska for $225 for all. Now have two set of tires! I have 112k on it now and private sale from KBB was around $16.7k. So with yours having under 90k on it and appears to be in good condition...can't go wrong with that.