Yellow lubricant from drivers front wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grey169

Reaction score
Good Day everyone!

My AC quit working over the winter. When I turned it on I started leaking a yellow fliud. I am guessing that it is the compressor oil for the AC. I grabbed a can of the 134a refill and started to fill the system. The compressor kicked and and things started to work.

Then I started to leak the lubricant again. I am guess that it is the condensor core that has sprung a leak.

Can I just get a new one from a local parts store, refill with 134a (cans from parts store as well) and be good to go?

Do I need to worry about the amount of lubicant in the system? Should I just suck it up and take it to the stealership?

Thanks!!!!!

B

bedrck46

once you open the system to change the condenser core you will need to pull a vacuum on the system and add the proper amount of oil and r134a by law you should recover the r134a prior to opening the system.

I would recommend that you take it to a A/C shop but I am sure others will chime in and give you different opinions
also as your new on the forum its always a good idea to give information about you expy such as year model eng, etc. when asking for help or advice

Last edited by a moderator:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I agree with Bedrck. I would take it to a qualified a/c shop or dealer. They can pull vacuum on system and refill with proper amount of R134a and lubricant.

I added an killer chiller to my a/c lines to aid in cooling my water to air intercooler setup. When I did this I had local shop evacuate my system first. I then did my thing with the a/c / killer chiller and then went back had them pull vacuum and refill. There is a specific amount of oil to R134a ratio. I assume the compressor uses this oil for lubrication so it is necessary.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1