2006 expedition #14 fuse keeps blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShelleyM

Reaction score
My # 14 fuse keeps blowing it runs my back up sensors ( which I could live without) my daytime running lights and my back up lights which I need I replace it and a few days later it goes again any suggestions

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
Also when I replace the fuse when I put my key into the ignition and turn it to the on position it starts without having to crank it over

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
F1.14
10AMP
Digital Transmission Range (DTR) sensor (7F293), Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) ignition relay, Reversing lamps relay, Temperature blend door actuator (19E616)

What are the driving conditions when the fuse blows. Are you going forward or reverse or parked etc.

Are you running the a/c heating systems?
as the fuse also controls power to the blend door and it could be possible that the blend door may be binding causing a overload.

Fuse #14 does not provide power for the parking aid. However it does provide power to the reverse lamp circuit which then provides a signal to the parking aid circuit.

If the fuse blows when you put the expy in reverse then I would say it is due to that part of the circuit otherwise it may be in a different part of the circuit.

If the fuse does blow when you put it in reverse does it blow every time?

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
When I put it in reverse its fine but as soon as I give it some gas it blows

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
When we bought it the passenger front didn't work with the switch but the drivers door switch worked on it so they replaced the switch in the passenger door but we don't know if the back up sensor light ect. worked so I've been driving a month without daytime running lights and reverse lights

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
The passenger front window wouldn't roll don with the switch but it would go down with the drivers door switch (my drivers doors controll all the windows)

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you replace the fuse, start the car, place into reverse and keep the brake applied without allowing the car to move, do the reverse lights work?

If they do, when you press the gas pedal the driveline will twist slightly in the frame which may be just enough to cause a "short to ground" and pop the fuse in an electrical harness.

I would inspect the harness from the transmission up to the pcm looking for a worn area that has exposed the wire. They run close to the exhaust system and other members have had issues when they are not secured correctly.

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
I did that and the reverse lights stay on with the brake on as soon as I touch the gas it blows my daughter and I tested that lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire