2006 expedition #14 fuse keeps blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That proves that there isn't an issue with the circuit as far as being overloaded. Try the same test but don't step on the gas this time and see if it will slowly back out.
If it does back out then it is a short to ground. Time to grad a flashlight and climb underneath. Expect to get dirty/greasy.

Search for thread: "Wrench icon 2007" in the 3rd Gen section. He was having a harness related problem. There is a pic of the problem harness at rely 33 or 36 I think, that would give you an idea of what it may look like. His was on part of the exhaust system and was obvious once someone looked at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
Ok just so I understand this put a new fuse in and take my foot off the break and just let it roll while in reverse my driveway is pretty slanted so should I be on flat ground I just want to clarify lol I'm on my last fuse before I have to go buy more lol

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
K I will try that and if it blows again I guess it's up to my husband when he has time I'm not good with electrical everything else I can do myself but electrical sucks I tried to find that thread and couldn't im going to search it again thank you for all your help

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
Also I have a toggle switch on the drivers side almost under the dash any clue what that might be

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flat ground would be better.

No clue on the toggle switch. May be for something that was added on or a redneck "fix" that bypasses a problem.

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
Lol maybe I should toggle the switch and my problem will be fixed lol wishfull thinking

OP
OP
ShelleyM

ShelleyM

Reaction score
Ok new update never fixed the problem because my husband hasent had time but today I went to get my car washed and detailed and when I turned off my truck it's locked in park and won't start and my key is a bugger to get out of the ignition if I replace the fuse it starts again until I turn my truck off then same thing it won't start until I replace the fuse I noticed at the car wash they opened up my doors and washed the door jams with the pressure washer I was not amused

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some of the ignition cylinders have a wire running to the top of them. It may short over time - you may want to put it on your Christmas list for your husband to look at.