FYI - 2015 Ford Expedition to get 5.0 liter 32-valve Ti-VCT V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 5.0 f150 compared to the 6.2 with all the same options and weight, besides the engine weight, is faster off the line. top speed idk? i think they are both limited the same. im still looking for a 5.0 f150. i wont get the eco toast. i know tons of people that have blown up their turbos and its not covered underwarranty since its an exhaust component and not part of the "drive train".

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 5.0 f150 compared to the 6.2 with all the same options and weight, besides the engine weight, is faster off the line. top speed idk? i think they are both limited the same. im still looking for a 5.0 f150. i wont get the eco toast. i know tons of people that have blown up their turbos and its not covered underwarranty since its an exhaust component and not part of the "drive train".

every test done with comparable trucks, super crew 4x4. with 3:73s. one ecoboost, one 5.0, one 6.2 and the 6.2 is faster then all of them. the 6.2 and ecoboost are much closer then the 5.0. i would check your info on that.

i've driven both back to back both super crew short bed (2011 platinum 5.0 4x4 3:73 and 2011 lariat limited 6.2 4x4 3:73) the difference is very noticeable. the 5.0 is a awesome motor but the 6.2 is just insanity.

OP
OP
L

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thought some of you would like to see the Expedition Ford didn’t want you to know about. It was spotted near Ford’s development facility in Michigan a few years back...

50b47e246814915.jpg 212eb8246814940.jpg

Underneath the hood of that test-mule lies the 4.4 liter "Lion" V-8 diesel. A modified fuel door, filling port, and exhaust system were seen on this experimental Expedition. The spy photographers also noted the unmistakable sound of clag-and-chatter that diesel engines make.

Ford has kicked around the idea of stuffing a diesel in the Expedition, so the next generation Expedition could still get one.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That actually looks like the super chief concept.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

OP
OP
L

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The next-generation Expedition should arrive in mid or late 2014 (unless delayed) for the 2015 model year. I doubt Ford will release the Expedition ahead of the F-150, as the last time I checked, the F-150 was further along in development.

Expect the redesigned Expedition to gain dual rear SRS safety-belt airbags, first introduced on the 2011 Explorer (U502).

Ford Inflatable Seat Belts 2011 - YouTube

Also, don’t be surprised to see the BLIS® blind spot information system with cross-traffic alert added to the features list.