2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Puffers" get stolen.

I was also in Floriduh.
We placed a cloth on the seats and reflectors in the windows. Also slightly cracked the windows.

We get in leaving doors OPEN until seat-belts are fastened.
This allows fresh air to flow through and cool the interior.
When moving, leave windows open to flush out the hot air before operating air conditioner.

COLD engine warms faster when IDLING under load.
Let vehicle's IDLE move the vehicle. No throttle. Later just gentle throttle.
Under load the engine's RPM is lowered.
Fluids are still pumped and warm faster.

Before my neighbor even leaves his driveway I'm already down the road with a hotter engine.

Because this is an emergencyehicle, in the garage in extremely cold weather an old bed sheet is draped over the hood and fenders.
I slide a 100-Watt outdoor flood light aimed up under the engine. (Most energy from incandescent lamps is radiant heat.)

You go ahead and do the extra work involved in doing it the "MANLY" way and I'll just press a button from inside my nice comfy house a few minutes BEFORE I leave to go to my ALREADY comy vehicle without having to wait and not having to drive down the street at idle because of my pride.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Man up

You go ahead and do the extra work involved in doing it the "MANLY" way and I'll just press a button from inside my nice comfy house a few minutes BEFORE I leave to go to my ALREADY comy vehicle without having to wait and not having to drive down the street at idle because of my pride.
Extra work?
I just get in, start engine and go.
Yours wastes fuel and makes pollution and is not the GREEN thing to do.
Would not be "comfy" if you find the vehicle gone.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL reading that stuff is funny.

in the winter if its real cold -20 to -30 i'll get my truck idle 30/45mins before leaving work. otherwise its just the normal run time of 24min's. i refuse to get into a cold truck. yeah my MPGs drop town to 6-7mpg but so be it.

if i'm out running around on a cold day normally i wont even shut the truck down all day, leave it running with the remote start when i go in the store, mall, ect aint gonna catch me freezing my ass off.

i could give a crap less how much pollution i make, hence my 8MPG plates on my excursion. BTW with remote starts there is no way to steal the truck..there are no keys in it.

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Wimp out?

well...if you had remote start you wouldnt have to do all that...i lived in florida for 7yrs and will be back there for the rest of my life in 5yrs...remote start advocate
i totally agree...
i know right...talking about man up...prob say its a nuetral color....lol man up and make it BLUE...lol

i'm done...not going back to my old way of fighting with ppl on here like i used to...i'm going to MAN UP!!! lol
Can't get the joke?

"Do all that"? Put a screen in the windshield is too much effort?
Waste expensive fuel and generate air pollution just so a wimp is not a little cold for a few minutes?

This is fine for people who have temperature-sensitive diseases.
Otherwise, morally unacceptable.

Under load, our engine warms up in just a few minutes.
In heat, we flush the hot air out through open windows. Makes no sense cooling heated air.
No need to waste fuel and make pollution.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
LOL reading that stuff is funny.
in the winter if its real cold -20 to -30 i'll get my truck idle 30/45mins before leaving work. otherwise its just the normal run time of 24min's. i refuse to get into a cold truck. yeah my MPGs drop town to 6-7mpg but so be it.

if i'm out running around on a cold day normally i wont even shut the truck down all day, leave it running with the remote start when i go in the store, mall, ect aint gonna catch me freezing my ass off.

i could give a crap less how much pollution i make, hence my 8MPG plates on my excursion. BTW with remote starts there is no way to steal the truck..there are no keys in it
As a student engineer I worked in frigid Canadian environments.
If I couldn't take the cold, I would not work in Alaska.

We kept engines warm with plug-in electric block heaters. Otherwise they may not start.
We wore warm clothing and I had gloved hands on the steering wheel.
Correct. Cannot steal without key to unlock the steering wheel and transmission.

Last edited:

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to ignore people on this forum?

EDIT: Yes there sure is! Ahhh.... thank you!

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't get the joke?

no...i didnt...neither did anyone else...came off abrassive and smart...thats why the responses where in the nature/toone that theyre in...not knowing when ppl are joking starts a lot of confusion...which this did...not knowing anyone personally makes joking messages become misconstrude unless "lol" is added...then know for sure its a joke...the longer youre on here chatting with everyone we'll get to know your humor...just takes time...lol

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extra work?
I just get in, start engine and go.
Yours wastes fuel and makes pollution and is not the GREEN thing to do.
Would not be "comfy" if you find the vehicle gone.

Yeah, and in the process, you freeze your a$$ off when its cold and sweat and burn your a$$ off when its hot.

Expeditions arent GREEN vehicles to begin with(except for the color of paint). If I was that worried about being GREEN, I would drive a prius or something like that.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Yeah, and in the process, you freeze your a$$ off when its cold and sweat and burn your a$$ off when its hot.

Expeditions arent GREEN vehicles to begin with(except for the color of paint). If I was that worried about being GREEN, I would drive a prius or something like that.
Assburn is good for one!
As a registered
TREEHUGGER, I'd love a Prius!
But the vehicle must be 4WD for blizzards and closed roads and big enough to transport many insulated blood platelet boxes or a heart-lung machine.

If I still had my Kawasaki 650, I'd haul single boxes in my large backpack.