“What would you do?”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

Reaction score
What would you do? Or buy in fact :) 2017, 2018 or a 2019?

I have had a 2020 that because of a transmission issue triggered the Lemon Law and replaced it with my current 2022. Love it!

But I don’t have enough background to give my buddy advice in buying an older model Expedition - both the good and the bad.

Can you help please?

Thanks all

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have him do his due diligence and research.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a 2019 Max Limited 4X4 and this model year had some mechanical improvements over 2018 (like metal instead of plastic oil pans and metal instead of plastic oil drain plugs). It is also one of the last years where all the chip-actuated accessories were available (self parking active security, one-touch up/down rear windows). Don't know much about the 2020s, but starting with the 2021s, a lot of what used to be available in single-package options on Limited and Platinum either went away or were made part of yet another optional package. Then the Covid issues surfaced in mid '21 and it was more of the same. Our son and his wife have a 2021 Limited Max 4X4 302A. Our 301A has the same interior and way more standard features than theirs came with or even could be ordered with. As long as our vehicle continues to be trouble free, we'll hang on to it. It seems that every year there is less content available for a significantly higher price and there's limit to how much I'm willing to spend for "a car."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire