03 Expy with high idle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

af mezkin

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Hoping someone can lend some info of what might be going on with my Expy. It has the 4.6, 2WD, with 155K; as soon as I start it up the rpms go to 2K. I already swapped out the throttle positioning sensor, and the idle air control valve with not change in problem. Any advise with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the IAC connector to see if is hot. A faulty IAC can mess with the idle and may be faulty if you bought the cheap brand. There are plenty of threads on here and the F150 forum about high idle issues, may be worth the read.

Keep us posted.

PS - that doesn't look like Italy in the background.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

af mezkin

Reaction score
Just checked the IAC and it is GTG.
That pic was taken in Ga. before we PCS'd to Italy. We are now stationed in Tx...

Goats

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a vac leak. Check the 90* elbow on the back of the intake.

OP
OP
A

af mezkin

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I have checked all hoses surrounding the TB even the elbow located behind it and no leaks. I also cleaned the MAS with no change in problem. It is not showing a service eng soon light but when I hooked the code reader this is what it showed;
P2198 02 sensor signal stuck rich bank 2 sensor 1
P0113 Intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit high input
P0102 Mass or volume air flow circuit low input
P0174 System too lean bank 2
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

05expedeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may want to check the exhaust port thru the throttle body. The 4.6 tends to clog up. You need to remove the throttle body to do it properly.

05expedeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may also want to check the wiring harness from the mass airflow/intake air temp sensors back to the PCM for any damage shorts burns etc.

OP
OP
A

af mezkin

Reaction score
Ok, here is some more info, after I got the previous codes I erased them. After running the Expy and trouble shooting some more with no improvement I rechecked for codes again,with no "service light" on, and no codes showed up. Not sure if the previous codes were from when I was trying to locate the source of the problem while unplugging sensors...needless to say I'm still at square one....

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

af mezkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info 05expedeb. I will keep updating until this issue is solved.