03 hope hasn't locked up!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG AL D

Reaction score
About a week ago truck started running pretty bad. It felt like coil pack because that has happened 6 times before. I had the codes read and the guy said #4 cylinder misfire and he said yes, probably coil pack. Well I drove it to work and back for 2 days and was going to fix it Sat. Today I went to start it up and it would not start. It scares me because when I was much younger I blew a motor in a Chevy pick-up and I remember it sounding like my truck this morning. Could a coil pack cause it just to not start or am I screwed?????

OP
OP
B

BIG AL D

Reaction score
Yes, had Jiffi Lube do the oil because my wife had a coupon and they put 1 1/2 quarts too much. I drained out until I had the correct level and drove it 2 days after that.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the engine turns then it isn't locked up. When they are locked up, you hear the starter engage and then thump. Nothing.
If you hear the thump then I would try to turn the crank/harmonic balancer with a breaker bar & socket. If it is locked you'll know it then.