05 expo transmission woes and questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m rebuilding my transmission in my 05. Reverse band burnt out from backing up my manure trailer up a hill. 180k miles. First time out. My 1-2 shift was kinda sluggish but not horrible. I took out one of the 1-2 accumulator springs. I ordered a rebuild kit and got a shift Correction kit from transgo. But I don’t like how you have to drill the valve body. I don’t think I’m gonna use it. So the Question is. Has anyone done the jay-mod to. 05 expedition. Seems like most of it is for up to 04. And nothing I could find on the expedition. Just f-150s and crown-vics. Any info. Would be helpful. Thanks much!!!!

OP
OP
mbtech2003

mbtech2003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just an update I followed this video. 2-3 shift is a little firm. But I put in softer springs for the 1-2-2-3 Accumulators from a shift kit I bought but I didn’t use. I wasn’t about to drill the valve body case. I also installed a new pressure regulator valve and updated torque converter regulator valve. I am verry happy with the results. If I want to soften the 2-3 shift I can just install a stiffer spring under the
Accumulator.