07 Seat track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 07 EL Limited. Perforated leather w/heat and cool. When I hit the brakes hard the drivers seat moves forward about 1/2 inch. Scares you to death. So, here is the long story. Had it to Ford, they ordered the seat track. Wrong one shiped so they ordered again. National back order stuff like that. New seat track came in. Well they did not read the TSB, which states order a new wire harness. That is not even made yet. They stated September or October. Not a full recall just they know of the problem. So beware if you have problems. Get it done before the 36K creeps up. I don't know if an extended warranty would cover it.

Last edited:

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 07 EL... I've got a month to go on the 3yr warranty before the extended 7yr kicks in.

Do you know if a TSB was ever actually issued? Can you tell me what exactly I should tell the service advisor when I go in? Thanks in advance for the help and for pointing me to this thread!

Carlossan

Reaction score
2007 el

I got the same problem about a year ago however mine was covered by the extended warranty mine was moving about 1/4 in I believed they install the complete track and now it feels ok sometimes i feel eventually i might happen again.I hope it turns into a recall soon

OP
OP
B

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you go in just tell them the specific issue. Don't think I ever saw a TSB. If you have heated/cooled seats ensure they use the right wiring harness to ensure heat and cool. Side note, look at your tailgate. Mine had to be repainted at about 27000 due to a bubble. And OH, did you know your spare tire is a different size.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was hoping to learn from your 5-month ordeal to get the seat fixed the first time... My seat heaters/coolers don't work at all... when you push the buttons the light comes on for a half-second or so and then goes off. I'll check the tailgate. As for the spare, does that mean it can't be used? Or it'll just sit/look funny?

OP
OP
B

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the heat cool does not work that is a seperate issue. Had mine in for that two years ago, same issue push the button it lights for a few seconds then off. They can test the resistance and fix it. The spare tire is true full size it is a 17". I had no idea, totally embarassed as I rotate my tires myself and never noticed the 17". This forum had someone questioning if that could be a safety issue while towing if you did not know of the smaller spare size.

Last edited: