1997 Ford expedition 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dev199505

Reaction score
Gonna pick it up for 750 it has a Miss in cylinder 1 guy I'm buying it from says it's just a fouled plug is this possible? If that is the issue and i replace the plugs what is the best thing I can do to the engine performance and mileage wise. Only has 134k on it

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would look at the undercarriage first and if it's in good condition I would jump on that.

If there is a miss I would say change plugs and coil packs.

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
I would look at the undercarriage first and if it's in good condition I would jump on that.

If there is a miss I would say change plugs and coil packs.
Body's a little rough looks like passenger rear 1/4pannel was cut for some reason driver side is a little dented and front bumper is a little damaged other than that it's a nice vehicle definitely gonna focus on the Miss first once that's fixed I gotta replace lower radiator hose it's leaking a little bit. After all that is taken care of is there anything I should do to help with power and mileage?

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly it sounds like this expy was used and abused. I will let some others chime in with what they think.

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
Honestly it sounds like this expy was used and abused. I will let some others chime in with what they think.
Interior looks fine though and under the hood looked clean. Didn't see any oil leaks on what I could see of the engine lol

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You usually get what you pay for....and spark plugs don't foul by themselves, there is a cause.

OP
OP
D

dev199505

Reaction score
You usually get what you pay for....and spark plugs don't foul by themselves, there is a cause.
If their old they can not sure when the last tune up was my uncle's gonna do them for me since he said their a ***** to do in the 5.4

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a mechanic look at the engine. Be patient. What you don't need is a headache and a money pit.