2000 EB - Theft Light Lit-Up Solid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I'm in the process of fixing a few issues with my 2000 EB in preparation of gifting it to my parents, and a new issue has cropped up.

The "Theft" light/indicator has lit-up solid, and is staying on, even when key-off/engine-off/key-removed.

I ran the previous battery dead while replacing the driver's door window regulator/motor, and bought a fresh new battery for it, which seems to be when this issue started.

A couple nights ago, I disconnected the battery, let the rig sit overnight, reconnected and the light seemed to go out, but going out to it today and starting it up, it's back on and staying on.

It starts just fine, with either key, so it doesn't seem like a PATS issue, drives without issue, just this obnoxious light staying on.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP
kythri

kythri

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because I'm not an idiot who ignores warning lights? It's an abnormal condition, and I don't like ignoring abnormal issues with my vehicle(s).

Given that it reset itself with a battery disconnect, then re-faulted later, something is obviously throwing an error somewhere, and I'd like to diagnose why, so that a bigger issue doesn't occur.

Since this particular warning light is related to the PATS system, it'd be oh-so-fun to have PATS disable the thing when it's a hundred miles from home.

Apparently, Forscan can interrogate the instrument cluster, and my current OBD2 adapter won't link to my iPhone anymore, so when my new adapter shows up this week, I'll see if Forscan can see anything that Torque on my Android didn't report/find.