2000 Mi one way road trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I will be making a trip in a few months using my 2001 EB expy 5.4 AWD with tow package to go from Platteville WI to Portland Oregon which is more or less 2000 miles one way and i have to bring a trailer that hasn't been decided on. Anyone have any suggestions to go about making this journey the safest and smartest way. I have to bring with me around 6 to 8 people with luggage and about 1000lbs of additional cargo including a larger go kart (included in the weight). I am looking for pointers on trailers to use or rent and any potential problems to look out for because i have never gone that far towing. Any ideas here?

tkoden

Reaction score
I would say get the smallest U-haul enclosed trailer you can fit all the stuff in an go for it. Put as much luggage in the trailer as you can to reduce the vehicle weight since you can only put about 1900 lbs (passengers, cargo, and tongue weight), at least that is what my 07 will take, in the vehicle. Check the sticker on the drivers side door, it should say cargo capacity or something like that. Even if you don't have the max tow package it should do fine towing that stuff, especially in the winter time.