2003 EXP. Crank no start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrisperj

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my 2002 5.4 XLT. It will turn over but won't crank. I jump it with my other vehicle. It'll eventually start. It may start for a day or two and then back to the turn over without cranking. What could be my issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my 2002 5.4 XLT. It will turn over but won't crank. I jump it with my other vehicle. It'll eventually start. It may start for a day or two and then back to the turn over without cranking. What could be my issue.

What do you mean when you say "It will turn over but won't crank." or do you mean it will crank/turn over but won't start?

What is your fuel pressure reading at the fuel rail?
How many miles on the Expy?
Has the fuel pump ever been replaced?
Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In order to answer your question we are going to need specific readings of various components. Without that information the best we can tell you is something is wrong.
We usually start by checking the fuel system for the correct pressure while cranking. Usual amount is around 35psi.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What you said.

Thanks for the reply BUT I had hoped that you would have answered the questions I also asked

I realize that you may not know the fuel pressure off hand But I am sure you should have been able to answer about the other 3 items.

As stamp said we need specific readings and answers to help you solve the problem