2003 Expedition Face Lift Begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Oh I understand what you mean now. It will not connect or boot.

What happens if you disconnect the batter for 5 minutes and then reconnect it? You might try that to see if cycling the power helps it to reboot.
Spent a couple of hours with Jet support guys doing that (disconnect the battery for 45 min) and everything else they could think of before they threw in the towel. They did try though.
I am thinking that this unit in particular is defective.

Hopefully they are willing to work with me on this.

Trust is shaken so we'll have to see....

I'll admit that I am very upset, that truck was finally set up PERFECT.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent a couple of hours with Jet support guys doing that (disconnect the battery for 45 min) and everything else they could think of before they threw in the towel. They did try though.
I am thinking that this unit in particular is defective.

Hopefully they are willing to work with me on this.

Trust is shaken so we'll have to see....

I'll admit that I am very upset, that truck was finally set up PERFECT.

Sorry to hear that. I just used the extent of my technical knowledge - unplug it and plug it back in. If that doesn't work go have a beer and think about something else. :confused:

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was through the Jet programmer. Going from stock to 34" tires and wanted to have the systems adjust. I'd already sent the tool back to Jet a month ago as it was doing funny things when I set up the tuning for premium fuel. They updated the firmware and tested it, returned it to me and all was working fine. No issues until I program for the big tires.
Error 20 : unreadable configuration name

Sigh...I really like when things work as expected, conversely I get bent when they don't.

Hoping for good news from the dealership Monday. Not really looking forward to having a spat with Jet to get at least my money refunded for a lemon product.

No idea what the repair cost will be.

Maybe the universe is just trying to keep me home this weekend...lol.

Hey Rock I see you running 35's have u changed the ring n pinion gears yet?
That's what I'm fixing to have done here n a couple months to 4.56.
These stock 3.73 gears are killing me and I'm sure my transmission as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rockclutch

Reaction score
Hey Rock I see you running 35's have u changed the ring n pinion gears yet?
That's what I'm fixing to have done here n a couple months to 4.56.
These stock 3.73 gears are killing me and I'm sure my transmission as well.

Hey Scoot, no I haven't.
these are actually 33.8 and it all felt pretty good while it was moving. PCU is dead now so I have bigger fish to fry.
My dear kind dealership wants 2K to replace it. Strongly considering getting a refurbished unit from pro tech and taking my chances doing the repair myself.

Once I get spinning wheels again, what are the issues that you are experiencing that I should look out for?

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Scoot, no I haven't.
these are actually 33.8 and it all felt pretty good while it was moving. PCU is dead now so I have bigger fish to fry.
My dear kind dealership wants 2K to replace it. Strongly considering getting a refurbished unit from pro tech and taking my chances doing the repair myself.

Once I get spinning wheels again, what are the issues that you are experiencing that I should look out for?

Lose of power,low rpm's, which is why it struggles going up hills . I got a Transmission shop that's going to do the gear swap front and rear axles to Yukon 4.56 gears. They quoted me $1,280 everything. Or if I furnish everything then $400 in labor for each axle.
They said it would take 2 days 3 tops to do.
And they confirmed that my power and low rpm's would be restored and it it run like it did B4 I put the 35's on.
He said the issues that I'm experiencing with larger tires is very common.
So yeah I can't wait [emoji16]

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tire shop - done [emoji818]
I'm a happy boy today!

Falken AT3W 285/75 17

5861c329315d3654ace201bb35542f3f.jpg4143fb9eecc088bf1209440daa458cec.jpg915f7ec8c69004b246570346cef0a9d5.jpgb9904fd6c9deac87a5449f2cef4abcf9.jpg

What settings are you running on ranchos with LT tires? And what are you inflating the LTs to?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Scoot, no I haven't.

Maybe a junkyard unit?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New gears are great. I have 4.56 gears and "33s" on my Explorer. I think the tires are like 32.6 or something.

It's a go-kart on the street. And in 4lo, it's very nice- wants to crawl up a wall and I don't use the brakes much on downhills.

Been thinking about doing gears on my Expedition. I'd probably go with 4.10s for me though. That rig spends a bunch of time on the highway.