2005 Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Me and the wife are looking at an 2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer with a little over 118K miles on it. We took it for a test drive and didn't hear anything and seemed like the shifted fine and had power.
It does have the bubbling by the rear wiper, the headsets all have the cushion gone. Power rear folding seats work, checked the ac and heat and all work. Checked the heated seats and at least the high works, didn't even notice the AC SEATS!!! so we didn't check them. Radio worked fine and so did the sunroof. Had the service records in the glove box, single owner and got it serviced at the local ford dealer.
The dealer wants $15K...got him down to $12 with us paying sales tax and an asc warranty (3 year 36K miles) with $0 deductible

Is there anything else we should look for? The warranty will take care of everything except wear and tear items. Does this 5.4 have the cam phaser problem and spark plug seizing problem from the f-series trucks? Also we had a 2005 explorer limited that had the whining rear end from the rack and pinion...anything like that on these? I know the sticker says 14/18, but what is everyone getting in the real world gas mileage wise? Our explorer with the 4.6 got around 19 on the highway

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought an 05 with 116k and the cam phaser was already done. The plugs do stick. See if the dealer will do them. Also get the rear end fluid changed. Especially if it has the limited slip. Fluids good for 100k. Post pics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is a limited we found http://www.maxmotors71.com/VehicleDetails/used-2005-Ford-Expedition-5.4L_Limited_4WD-Nevada-MO/1358800573

Here is the Eddie Bauer http://oakesauto.com/web/vehicle_photos/1909592

They both will go down to $12500. The eddie Bauer will do a 3 yr 36K warranty from ASC.
Limited will do a 2 yr 24K mile warranty from MVP.
So all in all with taxes and everything, both will be around $15K. The limited of course books for more, so that is a plus. It also looks like it has a leveling kit or something on it because the front has a good size wheel gap

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By pics, I would go with the limited. The seats look in better shape and more options(nav and rear vent windows). Check to see if the limited has air suspension. Gap might be the sign of a problem or maybe its been sitting for a while and the rear is sagging. Also consider a coil over swap if it has air ride. Just my opinion. I like the limiteds better than the EB's but I couldn't turn mine down for the price.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering what that other button was for vent...that kind of neat lol.

Well the eddie bauer dealer just called back and will "include" the warranty by lowing the price to 11592.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think we might go with the oakes auto eddie bauer since it will have a warranty and also has the bench. Don't want to have to spend extra money later on with the air suspension either...although I don't like the two tone of the eddie bauer. Guess I will have to deal with it though for the right price and deal for the family

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I paid 12.5k for my 03 with 78k miles on it and all the options you listed plus no bubbling and all pieces there and mint. I know this was an older post and I really hope you did not get raked over the coals on that... Hell for 15k you can get a 03/04 Navi loaded under 80k miles.

Sent from my boost Epic 4G. Legendary rom, 1.5ghz overclock.

wildey475mag

Reaction score
gave 10,030 for my 05 limited 4wd but i knew going in i would have to change the plugs as well as new tires and brakes so i dropped 1500 and got it all done so for the money i aint complaining one bit

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pricing may vary pending location...why that is...no clue