2005 Expedition No Start Unless Camshaft Position Sensors are Unplugged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jspringstroh

Reaction score
So here is the actual problem. Trying to start the engine with everything plugged in the engine will turnover and fire once (like timing is off) and starter kicks out. It does not just keep cranking and not start. I want to make a point that is does not just crank and crank and not start. My first thought were timing is off and going to be camshaft phasers. So I unplugged both camshaft sensors which should result in the computer setting default parameters. The results is starts right up and runs fine. Has anyone had this happen?

willyod

Reaction score
I think we both need the engine harness diagram. I cannot find it. the 2005 EL king ranch I am servicing has new timing kit, plugs and COPs and it still acts like its running on 4-5 cylinders. no codes for misfires and only codes for bank 2 cam sensor intermittently operating, throttle pos issue, bank 2 o2 sensor 1, . AUTEL shows timing is in sync....dunno. need schematic