2006 Ford Expedition Steering Wheel Buttons not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Doyle

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

We recently purchased an used 2006 Ford Expedition and none Steering Wheel Buttons work. No radio or curse control. Horn works.

Took it to the dealer and they said that the buttons and the clock spring were bad and said it would be $1,400. I was kind of suprised that both were out. Is there a way to check them? Should I start with the buttons $180 for the part and easy to replace or the clock spring $80 for the part but harder to replace?

Any good videos out there on how to do the clock spring?

Thanks in advance.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How handy are you in using a test meter/multi-meter?

Know this, the signal for the horn goes thru the clock spring. Knowing that I doubt that the clock spring is bad

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out Standard Motor Products (SMP) which is an OE Manufaturer and Quirk Parts. I replaced my controls and turn indicator with (SMP) good products good prices

Qatarguy

Reaction score
2011 Expedition King Ranch has the same problem but for the audio controls on the steering wheel. Cruise control works fine. From my research on this and other forums, the switch assembly that controls the audio is faulty and needs replacement, i guess its the same for the cruise control switches as well. I'm happy to stay "as-is" because I'm perfectly happy controlling the audio from the central touch-screen. For me, this is a "good to have" and not a "must have" :angels25:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2