2006 xlt el for deer lease property

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i found this 2006 with 218k miles, xlt EL, to use on the deer lease, actually its a 12 month lease so turkeys, deer, hogs etc are on the menu. going to go see it monday. guy said its a two owner vehicle in same area its whole life, north dallas, concrete jungle. car fax confirmed this and reports two body damage wrecks under 1k. bt pics look great and body dents are not a concern as its going to get a winch, and new mud tires so i can get back in the lease easier than walking the 300 plus acres to get hogs.
going to maybe make her a platform on roof to shoot from or lay in back and shoot out back end with door open..

guy said CD player is wonky, :)

looks like rear bumper are is what took the hit, typical for dallas traffic

any odd stuff i should look at closely ? besides oil leaks, coolant color or gunk and oil?

and who makes a winch bumper under 1k ???

2020-08-29.png

2020-08-29 (2).png

2020-08-29 (1).png

TexEx

Reaction score
Looks like my exp..still purring like a kitten...200k strong! ***Check transfer case.***.i add about a half a bottle every yr..(i could just change the gasket[emoji848])20200306_173307.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did a bit more digging, it does have the 7 pin connector which means it should have hd tow package with 3.73 limited slip. still having hard tie sourcing a winch bumper or mount, but will cross that bridge if i bring her home

DrkBlue

Reaction score
Check the radiator supports closely. They are the most notorious place to rust out and that is going to be a problem sooner rather than later for rough country vehicle.

The roof racks sometime leak, especially as sealants on the rack bolt holes break down. Not sure if that changes anything, but might influence how you put a platform on top.

Last comment is my Gen 2 has a pronounced nose down stance. My clearance is four inches +/- On rutted roads. You might want to think about adjusting depending on the terrain.