2007 Eddie Bauer over heating and ac issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trina

Reaction score
Help would be appreciated!!
2007 Eddie Bauer expedition started blowing hot air then started over heating 3 weeks ago. We live 115 degree weather.
What we have done.
1 mechanic 1226$
Replaced fan clutch
Thermostats
Replaced hoses ignition coil
Spark plug
Ac recharge
I didn't take it back cause I asked for him to fix it and he did this and charged a bunch. And then gave me a list of thousands of dollars of work that(needed) to be done!! Ugh
1 Friend 700$(We gave him 200$ labor..)
Compressor
Belt
Desiccant
Ac rechaged again
We
Pressure washed the radiator..

Now we're thinking the condenser, tsb and/ or radiator?
Anyone have any clue what It could be. If there's a how to for dummies.
Thank you

The Swagonmaster

Reaction score
Have any of the repairs made any improvement in the a/c cooling or the engine overheating? Also is the engine loosing any Coolant? Since you mentioned the radiator try this to give it a rough test, check with the engine properly hot so be careful not to get burned, shut the engine off and reach past the cooling fan to see if the radiator is evenly hot all across the face. If some of the cooling flues have become stopped up to the point of making the engine get too hot part of the radiator will be much cooler to the touch since the water can't flow through right there.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With AC or Refrigeration, system performance is based on the system pressures. Without that information all you end up doing is guessing and tossing parts.

So, what are the low and high side pressures plus the ambient temp when those are measured?

Is the fan shroud still in place?

Has the condenser been cleaned/washed when you sprayed the radiator?

For the overheating problem:
What coolant ratio is being used?
Anybody check the water pump?
Any bubbles in the surge tank with the engine running?

Barjrob1972

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would start with what Swagonmaster has suggested. I went through this with a car that was exhibiting the same symptoms, with a 'seasoned and trusted mechanic' who was a professional acquaintance of ours that charged me thousands of $$ replacing everything, including the heads, only to still have the same problems. It was eventually discovered that 1/2 the radiator was clogged. Heat it up and use a thermal temp sensor to look for hot spots.
Hopefully that will get it found before you're into it for $6 grand like I was - for a darn radiator - because I kept trusting the mechanics word.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire