2007 engine power issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kennyb65

Reaction score
Hello, my 2007 EL limited has developed a ticking noise and it also has low power while driving. It has 118k miles, no codes, have changed the spark plugs, oil and added Lucas oil stabilizer. I have a code reader that I can view live data with while running. In the drive way and revving the engine, the timing advances to 40 and stays there. When driving the timing drops to 0 and less and it takes a while to get to 60 mph.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
K

Kennyb65

Reaction score
okay, I checked the torque and no change. I am suspecting the right phaser wheel is making the clicking noise. I am also thinking I may have a vacuum leak. I'll check for that today.

OP
OP
K

Kennyb65

Reaction score
Just to close this out...

My problem was a bad rocker arm on the #1 cylinder. Replaced it and the expedition runs like new. My assumption is that the rattling of the rocker triggered the anti-knock sensor and it retarded the timing.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you found your problem. I don't know about a loose rocker causing a knock sensor to retard timing, but hell anythings possible on a computer controlled vehicle. The worn rocker kept that valve from opening and closing properly, leading to loss of compression/ power on that cylinder. How did he find the worn rocker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65