2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denethor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2011 Remote Start Options

I'm debating whether to get the factory remote start or an after-market (Viper) system on my 2011 Expy Ltd. I've heard that the Viper can be run from the factory key (multiple presses of the unlock button), but I believe that the factory system requires a separate fob. Is that correct, or can the factory system be used without an extra fob?

I have an 11 that came with remote start when I got it, seems aftermarket to me and has a separate small fob, I have also noticed though that pressing the LOCK button on any fob three times also triggers the remote start.
Mine does not cut off when you open the door, but will cut off if you touch the brake pedal while getting in, before putting the key in the ignition.
Another thing I noticed is if you remote start and then open the doors using the keyless entry on the door, the alarm is triggered to count down asking for the key.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wes, I posted this on another forum...

I took my new 2011 to the dealer as this is definitely not the way a remote start should work. They said the same as others have posted on this site. Can't be changed...

Well it can. Doing so will bypass the MyKey Feature of the used key. So if you are concerned about it you can set the remote start key to a restricted key. This will leave the car in the restricted mode when it is started using the Remote.

Here is the way to change it: This was posted by another user (Mustang46) on another forum.

It only takes 4-5 minutes to do this.

The button you need to get into programming mode is located under your dash and is taped under there. Mine was close to the OBDC jack.

Johnny

This link is dead. Does anyone have a copy of this info?

Ndbbm

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the site. It looks like this may be the right thread for this post. I recently bought a 2013 Ford Expedition limited. It has the factory auto start with the separate square key fob. The actual key fob with blade that you would use to place in the ignition to manually start the truck is the four option version. Lock, unlock, hatch open and alarm. My question is, if I purchased the five option key fob with the auto start button in the center, and programmed the key, could I get rid of the second fob and just use the one? Thanks in advance for your help!

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the site. It looks like this may be the right thread for this post. I recently bought a 2013 Ford Expedition limited. It has the factory auto start with the separate square key fob. The actual key fob with blade that you would use to place in the ignition to manually start the truck is the four option version. Lock, unlock, hatch open and alarm. My question is, if I purchased the five option key fob with the auto start button in the center, and programmed the key, could I get rid of the second fob and just use the one? Thanks in advance for your help!

I looked into this and the conclusion I can to is that this is not possible.

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it possible that my truck don't have the service button?
I purchased a used 2011 exp limited and basically stripped the entire bottom apart and still didn't find the button...
The truck didnt come with autostart but an aftermarket remote start is installed if this info helps..
I also searched at the radio and fuse box...
I'm stumpt ove it to the point I don't have a service button...

mpranch

Reaction score
I know this is a very old thread, however
I have just received a 2011 with AC3Z-19G364-A two way RMST for work.
The start fob works but the horn honks when the button is pressed and when it starts.
My neighbors dont like it at 4am.
I also have an issue with the wipers making a single pass just before start.
I need the option bank chart. The links I find for it no longer work (710620.pdf).
Can anyone be of help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxbodybadass