2013 Expedition Brake pads.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How hard is it to replace the front brake pads? Is there anything I need to look out for?
Easy, and pretty much the same as any other modern vehicle. One thing to look out for if it hasn't been addressed is swollen lug nuts. Good time to replace them with new solid ones.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Butch, if you don't mind my asking, how many miles on your expedition? I had my wife's Expedition checked a couple months ago and brakes were fine all around. She has less than 56,000 on it.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our first 3 Expys got brakes serviced around 100k as Irecall. Lots of highway driving. This 4th one is completely DW's and got most of its miles when we lived in Colorado 25 miles from anything, including her hairdresser. And we took it on a couple long trips when she would tell a flatbed with an ATV and a side-by-side behind my dually which was towing a travel trailer. But those days are gone and it has said virtually no miles to speak of since lat6 2016 when we moved from Colorado to california.