2014 Expy Limited Rear Shocks and Springs / Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssmock

Reaction score
Just browsing online yesterday and thought i would look at replacement struts and shocks for my 2014 Limited. Not an EL model but does have HD Towing and is a 4x4. Mileage is at 126K and has original shocks and struts. Nothing wrong really but it does have 126K miles on it and I do tow a car hauler with it a few times per year. I use a weight dist. hitch and the aluminum trailer and car I tow all in is around 6,500lbs. I do have the mechanical auto load leveling system but it's not air bags. To replace the shocks and struts on all four corners what system do I buy? Looking for the stock factory ride or smoother. Going to some of the usual auto parts sites all there seems to be are shocks and struts for the EL versions and or noted: "without load leveling system." What to buy?

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the load leveling system was the air suspension?

Assuming you're on standard struts I'd recommend a set of Bilstein HD shocks. Note that it's only an option if you have the factory parts as you need to swap over several components that are not separately available for purchase. You'll need a spring compressor for installation.

If you want the option to adjust add some lift then go for Bilstein 5100s. Same comment about swapping over parts applies.

I've tried a handful of brands over the years and had consistently solid results with Bilstein. Others either didn't feel right or leaked after an unacceptably small number of miles.