2015/2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would not modify the install. Talked to the guy who created it, he said switch USB drives. He has seen the USB 2.0 Drives work better vs USB 3.0. He also said to make sure you are doing a full format, not a quick before you copy the files to it. He has helped 100's do the update, I am at about 50.
So you think it's my flash drive? Hmmmm. That's weird. I'll have to find an older one. I actually don't know what version it is.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you think it's my flash drive? Hmmmm. That's weird. I'll have to find an older one. I actually don't know what version it is.

I know nothing about the update but I can confirm that flash drives/class 10 memory cards can make a huge difference when installing firmware. I recently bought a night vision scope and I compiled a guide for the new guys because so many were having firmware-update issues and one of the major causes of their problems has been verified to be crappy flash drives and/or memory cards!

good luck,

jeff

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know nothing about the update but I can confirm that flash drives/class 10 memory cards can make a huge difference when installing firmware. I recently bought a night vision scope and I compiled a guide for the new guys because so many were having firmware-update issues and one of the major causes of their problems has been verified to be crappy flash drives and/or memory cards!

good luck,

jeff
Hmmmm but he's telling me that my 3.0 USB flash drive is probably causing the problem and to downgrade to a 2.0 USB version flash drive. I do know what you're talking about because if you own a GoPro or other type of cameras (drone's with buit-in cameras, etc) then we always have these issues.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that it has to do with how the firmware/software was originally compiled....and he's right about doing the full formatting too. I've seen scope firmware issues disappear when the new owner has gone back, reformatted their card, copied the firmware over to it them do the install....all with no issues....so hopefully for you, that's all it is!

jeff

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that it has to do with how the firmware/software was originally compiled....and he's right about doing the full formatting too. I've seen scope firmware issues disappear when the new owner has gone back, reformatted their card, copied the firmware over to it them do the install....all with no issues....so hopefully for you, that's all it is!

jeff
I actually did reformat my flash drive and did ExFat this time since the readme doc said FAT32 or ExFat. So now I've tried both ways. Only thing I haven't tried is a different flash drive. I ordered some new ones from Amazon and should be here today.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said, got this from the guy that compiled the install, and he has helped MANY people. All of the in person installs I have done, I have used an older USB 2.0 16GB Flash Drive. Never had an issue. Mine is also formatted ExFAT.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like I said, got this from the guy that compiled the install, and he has helped MANY people. All of the in person installs I have done, I have used an older USB 2.0 16GB Flash Drive. Never had an issue. Mine is also formatted ExFAT.
Ok well I ordered some new 2.0 USB flash drives from Amazon this morning same day delivery!! Should be there when I get home.

This is what I ordered: http://a.co/8AJ2oAX

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev